Dr. Christina Sehy VerSchave, our friendly dentist at Belmar Smiles, is excited to offer dental cleanings and exams to patients of all ages. Dental cleanings and exams are an important time for both dentist and patient, as we employ preventive measures, diagnose existing conditions, and begin planning treatment. During a teeth cleaning in Lakewood, Colorado, generally performed by one of our talented dental hygienists, we will:
- Remove built-up plaque and tartar as we clean each tooth
- Take a series of X-rays to detect decay and other abnormalities
- Perform an oral cancer screening and gum disease evaluation
- Check each tooth for signs of decay
- Examine existing restorations for needed repairs
- Polish each tooth for a beautiful shine
Dr. Christina Sehy VerSchave will then recommend any dental treatments you need to improve your oral health. This visit with our dentist and team is also a great time to review your dental history and ask any questions you may have about the health of your smile. We suggest coming to our office at least once every six months for a dental cleaning and exam. If you are due for a dental cleaning, give our office a call. We would be happy to schedule your appointment and answer any questions you may have.