In the maddening rush of sweets that is flying our way on Halloween, protect yourself from going batty. The more sweets you eat, the fewer teeth you might keep. Cavities are spooky, and they love hitching their wagons on the backs of sugary delights. It is highly important to always brush and floss your fangs after ‘goblin’ down on treats, or tooth decay may set up camp to play harmful tricks on your mouth. Make your smile last a while, and follow these helpful hygiene hints:
– Opting for healthier options, when candy is present.
– Avoid hard candies or sticky candies, due to an increased risk of tooth decay.
– Brush after eating sugary sweets, to prevent plaque buildup.
– Dispose of any additional candy after the holiday, to prevent snacking on sugary sweets for weeks.
– Visit your dentist at least every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Use cleaning products that are dentist-approved, or with an ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Avoid highly acidic foods, such as sour candies.
– Prepare for Halloween with a Candy Plan, often used to prevent yourself and your family from going overboard.
– Limit yourself to sweets at mealtime, by skipping out on between-meal snack time.
If you can pull off all nine tasks, congratulations! You won’t get nine extra lives, but will be well on your way to being a Halloween hygiene superstar!
The cavity-busters at Belmar Smiles are here to help you. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 303-935-3574, to speak to a member of our team, or stop by our office in Lakewood, Colorado. Have a happy Halloween!